vegetable patch vs garden bed

< Previous | Next >
  • Ponyprof

    Senior Member
    Canadian English
    One has vegetables growing in it.

    The other could have any small plants, flowers or herbs or vegetables or ground cover

    Uncle Jack

    Senior Member
    British English
    I don't recall having heard "garden bed". "Flower bed" is easily the most common "bed" in ordinary BrE, but you also get vegetable beds, herb beds and maybe other beds as well.


    Senior Member
    English - US
    For what it's worth, I have flowerbeds and a vegetable garden.
    I am also not familiar with "garden bed" - sounds like bare ground that hasn't been planted (something like "First, prepare the garden bed, then plant your seeds.").
    Your picture seems to be from Australia. Perhaps some Australians will have some input on it.
    < Previous | Next >